Scroll down for Psychology books
- THORNE, Tony--Children of the Night: of Vampires and Vampirism**: Thorough and interesting survey, particularly of real vampires (real modern people in the vampire subculture) marred by a lack of understanding of what real vampires are about--he concludes it is all about rebellion and bizarre behaviour for it's own sake.
- MELTON, J. Gordon--The Vampire Book**: Always interesting, occasionally accurate and three inches thick. Basically an Encyclopedia Vampirica.
- MCNALLY Raymond, FLORESCU Radu--In Search of Dracula: The History of Dracula and Vampires***: This book might be a little tiresome for a casual Dracula enthusiast, good for a more dedicated one, but lacking the rigor and referencing a true expert would demand. [full review]
- COOPER, Basil--The Vampire: in Legend Fact and Art: Poor quality and now seriously out of date--but still the odd interesting anecdote.
- MARIGNY, Jean--Vampires: the World of the Undead**: Colorful little jewel of a book. Useful reference material in the back including a 1922--1992 filmography and suggestions for further reading.
- ARBOUR, Dorothy--Energy Vampires: A Practical Guide for Psychic Self-Protection*: An overblown new age book that teaches you how to bump up the old aura to resist and even cure your vampiric spouse, child, friend colleague etc etc
- SLATE, Joe. H.--Psychic Vampires: Protection from Energy Predators and Parasites*: From individual psychic vampires to "global vampirism"; The vampire concept is thoroughly overblown and overextended here
- BERNSTEIN, Albert J. (PhD)--Emotional Vampires: Dealing With People Who Drain You Dry****: A brilliant book that clothes advice about dealing with people with personality disorders: antisocial, histrionic, narcissistic, obsessive-compulsive and paranoid -- clothed in a thorough and witty vampire metaphor -- not using the vampire motif literally.
- HORT, Barbara E.--Unholy Hungers: Encountering the Psychic Vampire in Ourselves and Others*: A Jungian take on psychic or emotional vampires--people who drain other's energy.
- RICKELS, Laurence A.--The Vampire Lectures***: A Freudian thought-fest, rich but with barely a nod to structure… fun if you can get into it. Draws on myth, literature, film, rock & roll and a lot of other things. Rickels must be a fun Prof.
- HARRIS, Helaine Z.--Are You in Love with a Vampire: Healing the Relationship Drain Game.*: Beyond co-dependency… the vampire relationship. Energy flows, spiritual development, the whole thing.