- STABLEFORD, Brian -- The Empire of Fear **: A thick tome, 17th century fantasy/adventure. Fairly boring.
- YARBRO, Chelsea Quinn--The Saint Germain Chronicles *: A collection of stories about Saint Germain who is the subject of a series of novels starting with 'Hotel Transylvania' 1978. He is meant to be sexy but I find him insufferable and boring.
- DANIELS, Les--The Black Castle *: Given the reputation of these books I found this strangely static -- maybe it is just the effects of the passing of time since they first came out...
- YARBRO, Chelsea Quinn --1) Hotel Transylvania **: First in the Saint Germain series. Impossibly suave vampire in he 18th century.
- ELRON, P.N.--Keeper of the King *: A competent adventure based on a vampire Lancelot as a modern day security expert.
- KAST, Pierre--The Vampires of Alfama ****: A lovely story set in eighteenth-century Lisbon. Translated from the French by Peter de Polnay. On of my personal favorites.
- DANIELS, Les--The Silver Skull--Citizen Vampire *